Monday, April 11, 2005

ooh, Lakoff, you sexy bitch!

I've gotta say, as i read the words of george lakoff, they cause me a lot of excitement. as i reflect on different passages that i find especially inspiring my mind keeps excellerating and i feel this enthusiasm that is nearly narcotic-like in its potency. it is because, as a realist (or maybe i'm just cynical), i recognize this enthusiasm as potentially harmful to my objective position in that it could blind me to the truth. for this reason i am trying to temper my excitement. i mean, c'mon, do i honestly believe some ny times bestseller spanning all of 100 pages, with a foreword by Howard "hoo-RAW" Dean is going to be the force of change necessary to convince the nation that tucker carlson is an idiot and a prick? Of course not. but what can it do? i think one of the most refreshing parts of the book is how many times Lakoff says that conservatives are smart. this is important. he is adressing the fact that infuriation and dissolutionment are the only weapons when progressives are forced to debate from the frame set out by conservatives...

...more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home